Arkansas City Area Arts Council
The Arkansas City Area Arts Council was founded on October 13th, 1975 and has been serving the Arkansas City community and the surrounding areas for more than forty years. We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit arts organization dedicated to providing ongoing opportunities for education, development, promotion, and support in all areas of the arts through classes, programs, exhibitions, events, and the Burford Theatre.
Our exciting classes, programs, and events include:
- Prairiefest, our summer arts and music festival, now in its 54th year.
- Classes and workshops offered in visual art, theatre, music, choir, dance, and design.
- Our historic Burford Theatre, currently open to the public and available for private events, films, and concerts, is now in its last phase of renovation.
- Prairie Voice, our children’s choir where kids can experience the joy of singing and performing.
- SEEDS artist mentoring program, offering a mentoring relationship to four artists within the Ark City area who wish to take their art to the next level.
- Kinder Kids Music Camp, an introduction to music for the very young.
- Theatre Spring Break and Summer Camps, with fun-filled rehearsals culminating in a wonderful performance for friends and family.
From all of us here at Ark City Arts to all of you, thank you for the more than 40 years of support!
2017 Board Of Directors
The Arkansas City Area Arts Council is led by a volunteer Board of Directors, elected by the Members of the Arts Council.
- Tamara Niles-President
- Tracy Muller-Secretary
- Kevin Campbell-Treasurer & Past President
Additional Board Members Include:
Dr. Maricio Herrera
We would like to extend a special thanks to retiring board members Stephen English, Alisha Soule, Dr. David Schmeidler and Mendy Pfannenstiel. Thank you all for your time, your generosity, and for all of your years of exceptional service!